the beginning

I'm not sure if this is a good place to start off... I will say I'm a few beers in and feeling vulnerable... so you’re either going to get the long story or jibber jabber.
All I know is you’re going to get spelling mistakes and incorrect grammar that would make a uni student sweat.

It started off fine on all accounts when I met the second love of my life on the famous internet dating site Tinder... well I say that but I had ran out of likes... as the cheep skate I am i refused to pay. If you pay for tinder, well you can only hope to throw your money away... 
So rather I added her on snapchat and what can I say, magic was made...


A few months into our relationship a few problems arose; nothing out of the ordinary, just lovers’ tiffs, but it was enough for me to call it a day.
As horrible as it sounds, I had an experience with a previous ex partner that meant I had so much of a guard up it was easier to say goodbye to the whole relationship rather than iron out the details. So that’s what I done, I concluded our relationship.

Looking back it's shit... I shouldn't have made that decision but I thought it was the right thing to do.

Fast foward a month, and I was still in contact with Frances - the partner I had broken up with. She contacted me and said is it alright to pop up and have a chat... she said she needed to see me.
Hardly awake, lying around like a hungover student leaving a nightclub on a boozy Wednesday morning thinking he might be in for a wild morning wake up call I was like yea... alright.
So I hung up the phone and went down stairs to make a cup of tea...  God forbid I have a coffee after a few beers because I’d feel ill.
And then it hit me... I knew what that call was about, and it filled with this felling I can only describe as a “well done mate, done it now haven’t you” moment ...👍
I was filled with this underlying joy, combined with thoughts like “what the bloody hell have you done” followed by a hint of “mehhh it's probably not even what you think it is”. At that moment I convinced myself that maybe she was being nice and bringing my early Xmas present around as we had broken up before after we bought gifts...
Well I was mistaken.
I was given a gift alright... It was as one I can only describe as the gift of reality.
For my fellow story followers she was infact pregnant.
Much to my happiness and shock I was truly pleased. 
I asked if she wanted an awkward hug and actually had to book the afternoon off work (much to my hungover state’s delight).
Then it was time for the next step... telling our parents. 
Well you’ll just have to wait for that little story, but i had to deliver the information that I was going to be a dad again to everybody. 
Too many people and too many judgments...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

digression pt2 sorry

5th August: pink turtle, smiles and Tattoos.

17th August: The day before