digression pt4 (covid)

Just a slight digression, but I want to talk to you about the effect of covid up until this point.
This was a behind the scenes shot of how I was dressed on my visits.
Below is a Facebook status I uploaded at the time; I think this pinpoints how I felt at the time.

Sadly this is not a filter... this is the extremes we have to go to just to see our Son. Certainly an essential trip and a meaningful one at that. I was on my own as due to covid-19. His mum couldn’t be with me, only 1 parent could visit a day, and there was no swapping in and out. When I wasn’t at the hospital, she is, and during those times I’m working a 14hour day with vulnerable adults who can't support themselves. I’m putting myself at risk on contracting corona there, and then the day after work I'd be back at the hospital. A trip that required 3 busses and took just under 2hrs. Also, due to this I'm unable to see the mother of my child as we live in different homes. Just when we need each other the most. And to top it off, due to covid-19 I have had to limit my time with my daughter to just face time. So, please tell me why going out and seeing your friends and doing what you want is important again!
#stayhome 
Then little Oliver-Cash could have his family by his side like he needed 🙏💙

It was crazy to me at the time how people were still going about and seeing their friends as if there was no pandemic.
And even now, there are still people bending the rules to an extreme. Can you imagine going to the hospital to see your prem baby alone? You couldn't just simply go in either; you had to scrub up with masks, aprons ect. You’re not even able to share these moments with your partner. 
To just be on your own taking in all this information was terrible; I knew this wasn't going to be as straight foward as a full term birth, but the mental strain of this was exceptional. I would definitely say I'm still feeling the effects of it all today.
You will see from whats coming up in the blog that my anxiety is fully justified lol.

Due to all this I felt completely robbed, as well as feeling that Oliver was robbed from having both of his parents with him at the same time.
Again going back to a previous digression, I still maintain that parents should be exempt from restrictions in these circumstances.
Anyway, the next blog post will be back to 8th April... when we both got the call telling us to get to the hospital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

digression pt2 sorry

5th August: pink turtle, smiles and Tattoos.

17th August: The day before