digression pt5 (Go fund me)

 I just wanted to use one blog post to talk about the support I received from the people around me. This isn’t really a crucial part of Oliver’s story, but it’s still very much relevant. 

Once we got the good news from Brighton; Oliver making the surgery etc, we knew we still had to make our way down to Brighton on a daily basis. We knew that eventualy travelling such a distance would soon become a financial burden.

However, we were determined that we would not let our son down and we would be there as much as we physically could. We still had the strain of knowing that eventually there was only so far my wages and Frans maternity pay could take us.

A few people suggested ‘go fund me’ as they had either used it in the past, or heard about the benefits it could have.

I'm not one for hand outs or charity as I do like to pay my own way, but unfortunately this was something out of my control. A few friends and family had said “well we will help if we can”, and so we decided to start up a go fund me page.

Immediately the results were beyond belief; slowly watching the donations rise, we could feel the worry and anxiety of not being able to get to see him lifting.


Eventually with the help of donations from strangers, friends, family, co-workers and more, we had enough to see us through till the end of Oliver’s time in hospital.


We will forever be thankful for the love and support shown to us, and from my heart, I’m personally overcome with love for you all.


P.S ------ PLEASE DO NOT DONATE, THIS GO FUND ME HAS NOW ENDED.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

digression pt2 sorry

5th August: pink turtle, smiles and Tattoos.

17th August: The day before