Short and sweet 16th ..... of April

16th April: 

The day after Oliver had his operation and after a well needed rest, Fran and I went back to the hospital. It was my turn to visit. Looking at oliver behind this thin bit of plastic with more wires and tubes was hard enough. But when I saw all the swelling of his stomach, the plasters, and the general look about him, that’s when I realised just how much he had already been through. 

I mean the poor sod had so many canulars inserted, the only space left was his head. Personally I have never seen this and I would be happy if I didn’t see it again.

In the mist of all this, sleep was hard, work was hard, trying to maintain a relationship was hard. Adding travel into the mix as well as looking after yourself is hard. But all I could think was, “well Oliver has got it worse so who am I to complain?”

During my visit that day it seemed he was doing rather well. As I was sitting there peacfully looking at my son, the nurse came over and spoke to me. She went on to say "Oliver seems to be fighting his morphine". I thought “ that sounds about right, he has fought everything else”. Furthermore she added, “they have had to up his dosage, its imperative that he remains still”. 

You see, the litte bugger, even tho he had just came out of surgery, just wouldn't lay still. It was going to be a regular thing, him having the morphine. With this came potential side effect of him becoming addidcted to it. 

Other than this, Oliver was doing rather well. If memory serves me correct, I believe he had another blood transfusion. One of many he had aleady had; but I have lost count and forgot to put them into previous blogs.

Also, please don’t forget to just enjoy the little things; comforts like ice cream and a laugh are much needed.


next .... "you got to be kidding me"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

digression pt2 sorry

5th August: pink turtle, smiles and Tattoos.

17th August: The day before