digression pt7 donations to Oliver Fisher ward medway Kent

It's been a while since I have posted anything; trying to get into the correct head space to write isn't always easy.

Since my last post, Oliver’s birthday has been and gone, and although we managed to have great success with collecting donations, it has been a hard time.



Moving on with this digression, I am pleased to say the donations went down a treat with the staff, families, and of course, the babies at the nicu ward.


I am pleased to say all our hard work and donations went down a treat. Every single item donated is being used, some are going towards the Easter bags, others are going towards upcoming events, and some are being used as we speak.


When speaking with Trina the charity PR Officer and asking how the donations went down, this is the response I received.

 “OMG Ethan like you can't believe. A lot of very happy nurses. We had 17 babies in yesterday and I was able to use the nappies, cotton wall balls, books and a couple of blankets to make up their Easter bags. They were lucky babies.”

Also here is a link to the paper that helped raise awareness about Oliver’s Hampers. https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/baby-oliver-cashs-gift-to-special-baby-unit-243494/

I wish I could put into words how this has made me feel but I just can't.

The contributions have been overwhelming, I couldn't have imagined the success.
Thank you to all 

Rose, Oliver's sister (photo)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

digression pt2 sorry

5th August: pink turtle, smiles and Tattoos.

17th August: The day before