✨ 20th June ✨Front page news, pride of Britain and radio 5 live.

20th June: So behind the scenes of everything, something magical was happening. Oliver had made the front page of the Sun newspaper.
It was something we was expecting, as we had been in contact with them for some time. With Oliver doing his absolute best with only a few minor set backs, home wasn't a too distant dream. 
At this moment in time I was the proudest father in the world, I couldn't contain my joy of seeing this. I went out a brought like 5 copies and they were just for myself. All the family went out and bought loads, don't think we could get enough copies lol.

There was a joy that I knew would bring comfort to the 10s of thousand or more readers, that miracles do happen. It was a sence of comfort knowing any one who was going through this could read and be posotive about there journey.
Going far back to the very beginning of olivers journey, I remember going online to find success stories of 23wk preemie and not finding very much. So for me to get this story out and to provide comfort to the many, well I'm proud of that.

And for aslong as I can remember, I always promised Oliver his 15 minuts of fame. I mentioned this in one of the very early blogs, so now it all ties in with that. As I said I would be talking about it then.

Things only got better the days after this came out, we noticed olivers picture on the pride of Britain Instagram feed.
Talk about feeling the love and positivity, Olivers story was spreading, and spreading fast. Before we knew it we was asked to do a interview on the radio 5 Live.
Daunting, but we'll worth it, talking about my son, that's all I wanted to do. 

As the days followed we got onto other paper websites such as, mirror, daily mail, ect.

Olivers story brought hope to thousands and thousands of parents who were going through the same process. Olivers story was no different to the other babies in nicu, but I fought to get him his place where he deserved to be and bring an audience to a sensitive subject. 

Next, stoma reversal, trigger warnings ⚠️ ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

digression pt2 sorry

5th August: pink turtle, smiles and Tattoos.

17th August: The day before