funeral day 💔 8-9-20

So I think today is probably a good day to talk about Oliver's funeral, as it was this time last year 8th September 2020 that we gave our final goodbye. To think its been a whole year since we done this, just seems unbelievable how fast time has gone.

I remember on the morning of his funeral I didn't realy feel sad, I mean I wasn't happy, but I wasn't sad. I think it's because I had already said my goodbyes, and this was just another. 

I did however feel pressure, the pressure was from the fact I felt I had to be strong, for me and for every one else. I thought if I break every one will break, so I just kept a stiff upper lip I guess.

As the little limousine arrived with olivers little casket in the back, I remember Frances just being frozen in the kitchen, then it hit me. This was it, this was the final time anything regarding Oliver was going to happen again, in the sence of him being physically here. Up until this point we spoke as if Oliver was here, but after this day we would be speaking as if he wasn't, if that makes sence. 

I think to lighten the mood we joked, at least he wasn't in the boot, and this got a little chuckle.
The drive to the crematorium went on forever, me and fran either side of Oliver and our mums on the otherside for support.

Arriving at the crematorium and seeing the family and friends that could be there was uplifting. To see the support that was there and knowing they was there for us, but there for Oliver meant so much.

Covid had managed to minimise the amount of people we could have, but the turn out from everyone was amazing. 
The funeral itself went as expected, it went perfectly for what it was and i was so happy with the lady who spoke and told olivers story.

I don't really have much to say about this day, but there you have it. Olivers story from birth to his funeral has been written. 
The whole process of blogging has made the whole situation so much easier to deal with. There has been highs and lows writing this, but its been worth it.

I'm still going to continue to blog as there are things I still want to talk about, and things regarding Oliver that are important. 

Next, collections for medway hospital nicu in Oliver's name.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

digression pt2 sorry

5th August: pink turtle, smiles and Tattoos.

17th August: The day before